Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, grated (1/2 ounce)
- 2/3 cup amaretti cookies, crumbled (10 cookies)
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons of rum
- 4 teaspoons honey wine
- 2 teaspoons amaretto liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 fresh California figs; halved
Chocolate Amaretto Sauce
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 squares (1-ounce each) unsweeted chocolate
- 2 squares (1-ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Amarettot
Pack 1/2 cup of softened vanilla ice cream into each of 4 small paper cups (4 ounce size) using a spoon to form and mold. Replace ice cream in freezer.
Preheat over to 350 F. In a small mixing bowl, mix grated chocolate, crumbled amaretti cookie, chopped almonds, butter, honey and amaretto liqueur. Place 2 tablespoons of this mixture on top of each fig half. Lightly spray baking sheet with vegetable oil. Arrange fig halves on baking sheet and bake for 6 to 7 minutes at 350F.
For chocolate-amaretto sauce, in heavy 1 quart saucepan heat sugar, water, chocolate and butter over medium heat. Stir mixture and bring to a boil, stirring until mixture thickens and is smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in amaretto liqueur.
Before serving, remove ice cream from molds and arrange on plate. Place figs on serving plate and drizzle all over with sauce. Serve warm or at room temperature.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
More Cooking Recipes