Ingredients: (Makes 6 servings)
- 3/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup 100% Florida orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint cut into long, thin strips
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Place the sugar, rum, 1/4 cup orange juice, and black pepper (optional) in a small saucepan, and bring the mixture to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and stir in 1 3/4 cups orange juice and lemon juice.
3. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch by 13-inch shallow pan and place in the freezer.
4. Every few minutes, stir and scrape the granita with a spoon to create an icy texture. This procedure takes about 30 to 45 minutes depending on your freezer.
5. Combine sliced strawberries, mint and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and let sit while granita freezes.
6. Serve 2 ounces of granita topped with 3 ounces of strawberry mixture in individual dessert bowls.(Recipe by The Florida Department of Citrus, Cocktail Times.com)
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
More Cooking Recipes