The commercial development of Glenmorangie is taken back into the late 19th century by two sources.
Soon after 1830 Ross family, the land owner of Morangie, established Glenmorangie. In 1811 it came into the hands of David Ross, a merchant resident in Calcutta who was only interested in extracting the rents from the lands. The mills of Morangie, which had been separated from the rest of the estate since the Reformation, had passed into Cadboll in Macleods. He leased the mills to various distiller tenants.
Licensed in 1843, the distillery has seen only six managers in the 150 years since.
< Previous | Next >
|About distilled spirits »|
About Cocktail Times | Subscribe | Advertising Inquiry
Please sip responsibly.