Smokey Bread Rolls
2 3/4 lbs. Strong white break flour
4 oz Scotch Whisky
6 teaspoons salt
6 teaspoons sugar
8 oz subed butter
4 oz fresh yeast
(makes about 4 small loaves or 30 dinner rolls)
1) Measure flour, salt, sugar into mixer bowl, cube butter into mix and with the miser bowl motor running slowly mix together.
2) Cream yeast into small amount of warm water until blended, then top up with 1 1/2 pints of warm water
3) With motor, running slowly put in the yeast and water mix to blend together, keep the motor going a short time to allow blending. Turn out onto lightly floured work surface. Knead well until dough is smooth and elastic (approximately 5 min.)
4) Cover with a damp, clean tea cloth. Leave in warm place to double in size for 20 - 25 minutes.
5) Knock back the dough, cut to size and shape into rolls or bread as requuired.
6) Prove finished break in a warm place for 15 minutes.
7) Bake in a hot over until golden for 15- 20 minutes.
(Source: Ardbeg Whisky)
Trader Vic's Recipe
Whiskey Sweet Potato
Cooking front page