Malt and Honey Glazed Chicken with Barley Risotto
4 x 150g Chicken fillets
50g grain mustard
30 ml Scotch Whisky
30 ml olive oil
200g cooked barley (boiled in stock or water & drained)
125 - 250ml chicken stock / stock cube and water
60g finely chopped onions
1/2 pint double cream
150g sliced mushrooms
1 clove garlic finely chopped
60g fresh parmesan cheese- grated
salt and pepper
1) Grently fry the seasoned chicken fillet until half cooked on both sides
2) Place onto a roasting tray.
3) De-galze the frying pan that the chicken was cooked in by adding Scotch Whisky, reduce by half
4) Once reduced, add the honey and grain mustard. Mix well and pour over the chicken.
5) Place into a pre-heated oven, at 180C.
6) In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, fry the finely chopped onion in the butter, and then add the sliced mushroom and chopped garlic. Cook through for a few minutes.
7) Add the cooked barley and mix
8) Add the stock and cook gently, stirring all the time. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
9) Add the cream and cook further, until a creamy consistency is achieved.
10) Add the grated parmesan and the chopped parsley, season to taste.
Remove chicken from the oven and put to one side to rest for a few minutes. Place risotto onto a plate. Cut the chicken into 2 pieces and place on top f the risotto. Drizzle the remaining honey and mustard glaze on top. Serve immediately.
(Source: Glen Moray Malt Whisky)
Trader Vic's Recipe
Whiskey Sweet Potato
Cooking front page