- 3 tbsps toasted sesame or peanut oil
- 1/4 cup (62 grams) tomato sauce (or substitute BBQ sauce)
- 1/4 cup (62 grams) honey
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) Bourbon
- 1/8 cup (30 milliliters) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sacue
- 1/2 cup (122 grams) smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 poud (1/2 kg) beef, lamb or chicken cut into 1/8 x 2 pieces wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 - 30 minutes
1) In the bowl of a food processor, add all ingredients except the meat. Puree until smooth, about 1 minute or less.
2) Skewer the meat on the wooden skewers, about 4 - 6 per piece. Place in a container large enough to hold the skewers and drizzle the sauce over the meat, covering completely, leaving the ends (handles) dry.
3) Grill over a hot gas, charcoal or wood fire about 6 - 8 minutes on each side. Or you may prepare in an oven pre-heated to 425F or 220C for about 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
4) Serve with extra sauce on the side for additional dipping, rice and fresh green beans with toasted almonds.
Smoky Scallop Spring Roll
Mai Tai Steak
KY Bourbon Chili
Cooking front page