Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) large sweet potatoes, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1 cup (220 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 3/8 grams) salt
- 1/2 stick (125 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) water
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Bourbon
1) Preheat oven to 375F or 190C. Cut each potato lenghwise into fourths. Steam potatoes on a steamer rack set over boiling water, covered, transfer to a buttered 3 quart (1 liter) deep baking dish.
2) Simmer brown sugar, butter, water and salt, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and syrup is thickened about 5 minutes. Stir in Bourbon to taste. Drizzle syrup over potatoes and bake in middle of oven, basting occasionally, until syrup is thickened, about 1 1/4 hours.
Note: Sweet Potates may be made a day earlier and chilled and covered. Reheated before serving.
Smoky Scallop Spring Roll
Mai Tai Steak
KY Bourbon Chili
Cooking front page