Ingredients: (makes 10 tacos)
- 1 lb. peeled, uncooked shrimp cut into small pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- peanut oil for sauteing
- 1/4 oz cup Tequila Herradura Silver
- 1/4 cup Newcastle Brown Ale
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded fine
- Your favorite hot sauce
Combine shrimp, cilantro and garlic in a medium bowl. Mix well and let sit about 10 minutes. If you have more time to marinate, just put them in the fridge.
Heat a non-stick pan really well and add about 1 tablespoon peanut oil. Add shrimp and stir fry quickly (they'll cook fast). When the shrimp are almost cooked, remove from heat and add tequila and ale. Mix gently.
After about a minute, return to the heat and stir well. Serve by putting some sour cream on a tortilla, add a little cabbage, the shrimp and a final drizzle of the hot sauce.
More Side Dish Recipes
French Spinach Salad with Eau de vie sauce
Baked Bourbon Beans
Smokey Figs with Parma Ham, Goat Cheese & Rocket
Onion Salmon Dip
Avocado Kiwi Salsa
More Cooking Recipes