Ingredients: (makes 8 servings)
- 16 ea. 10/20 dayboat scallops
- 3 gold kiwifruit, peeled
- 3 green kiwifruit, peeled
- 3 firm but ripe avocado
- 3 valencia oranges, peeled and segmented (no seeds)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chervil
Dice the kiwifruits and avocado. Combine with orange and herbs. Season with salt to taste and gently toss to mix. Reserve and chill.
- 2 soft, ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 oz blended Scotch whisky
- salt and white pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- olive oil
Place the avocado, lime juice and Scotch whisky in a blender. Puree until smooth, adding a bit of cool water if necessary to blend. Season with salt to taste, reserve at room temperature.
Season the scallops with salt and white pepper and sear in hot skillet with vegetable oil or clarified butter.
Serve the scallops by placing a spoonful of the avocado puree in the center of a plate, following with a neat spoonful of the kiwi relish, and topping each place with two of the seared scallops. Drizzle with a bit of nice extra virgin olive oil to finish. (Source: Melissa Perello, Fifth Floor, San Francisco/Zespri/Cocktail Times.com)
More Seafood Recipes
Citrus Martini Ceviche
Ruby Martini Seafood Salad
More Cooking Recipes