Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate juice
- 3 oz dark rum
- 1/2 cup and 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 game hens, split in half
- salt and pepper
- pomegranate seeds, chopped, roasted pistachio nuts for garnish
1) Mix pomegranate juice, honey, dark rum and next 5 ingredients; pour over hens. marinate, covered overnight or at least 8 hours in the refrigerator. Turn occasionally.
2) Drain hens, reserving marinade. Simmer marinade, cover for 10 minutes; reserve. Season hens with salt and pepper. Bake at 450 degrees F, basting frequently with reserved marinade, until hens are just firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.
3) Remove from oven; let rest covered with a tea towel for 5 minutes.
4) Brush each half with 1/2 tablespoon honey. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped pistachios. (Source: Pomegranate Council/Cocktail Times.com)