Home page > People Profile > Dale DeGroff|
A veteran barman of New York's fabulous Rainbow Room, Dale DeGroff promotes himself as the King of Cocktails. He introduced many of his original drinks for many restaurants and bars around the world.
DeGroff also served Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, a trade organization representing spirits industry, as a spokesperson to promote responsible alcohol consumption.
His new book, The Craft of the Cocktail includes his original recipes and mixing techniques as well as history of cocktail culture from its golden age through prohibition.
Cocktails by Dale DeGroff
- 1 oz. Stoli Ohranj Vodka
- 1 oz. Velvet Falernum
- 4 oz. Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 2 oz. Cranberry Juice
Build ingredients in a highball glass over ice and stir. Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge.
- One and one-half ounces Turi Vodka
- One half ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- One ounce Velvet Falernum Syrup
- One ounce fresh orange juice
Shake all the ingredients well with ice and stain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a flamed orange peel and fresh grated nutmeg.
- One and a half ounces Pisco Aba
- Three Quarter ounces Fruja Mango
- One and a half ounces Fresh orange juice
- Flamed orange peel
Assemble the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice except the garnish and shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a flamed orange peel.
- 1 oz. Pisco Aba
- 6 oz. Peppermint tea
- 1 oz. 100% Pom Wonderful Pomegranate Juice
- 1 tbsp honey syrup* (two parts honey, one part warm water)
Mix together honey, Pisco, pomegranate juice, and cold peppermint tea. Shake well and serve over ice. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a lemon wheel.
Cocktail Garnish | Barware | Glassware | People Profile | More Original Cocktails