Master Blender, The Dalmore
The Dalmore Single Malt Whisky, one of the top 10 single malts in the United States is produced in Northern Highland region of Scotland. Richard Paterson is the third-generation master blender of making the whisky that is full, sweet, and round, and has slightly smoky flavour.
For over 20 years Paterson has been traveling around the world educating and entertaining Scotch aficionados and those for whom Scotch whisky is a new experience. With his encyclopedic knowledge of Scotch whisky, Paterson became a Diploma Lecturer for Scotch Whisky for London's Wine & Spirit Education Trust. He is also a former president of the Wine & Spirit Club of Scotland, and the Institute of Wine & Spirits of Scotland.
Here is how he enjoys the Dalmore single malts:
- After dinner pour a portion of Dalmore without ice.
- First serve some Columbian coffee to warm the palate.
- Add a little water to the whisky to bring it down to approximately 38% alcohol.
- Hold the whisky in your mouth for at least 12 seconds.
- Finally, take a bite of some bitter sweet chocolate with at least 64% coco fat.
Back to People Profile front page